Our trustees play a big part in helping us keep our strategic promises, and meet the needs of those we’re committed to support: the next generation. Being a trustee also puts you in a unique and outstanding position; you get to develop skills you wouldn’t necessarily access in other roles, and learn from and work with people from all walks of life.
To join us, you don’t have to have experience as a trustee but we’d love it if you see yourself in some of this:
- You make strong calls of judgment and can confidently challenge ideas
- You enjoy building positive relationships with key stakeholders
- You think creatively and you’re always searching for that better solution
- Working as part of a team is second nature
- You’re capable of defining goals, setting targets and reviewing performance
- Other trustees can count on you to support them in their work, so together you can steer our charity in the right strategic direction
It’s not just about making a positive social impact but it’s also about embedding all of our great work into our member and employee experience. We know we’ve got some gaps in our knowledge here, so we’d also love to hear from you if you have experience in:
- Digital, marketing or communications
- Customer service care
We’re also want to make sure our board represents the communities we support so we especially welcome applications from people who are:
- Under 35
- Living in (or grew up in) a home with a low income
- From an ethnically diverse background, such as from a black heritage community
- Living outside London
If you’re interested in learning more about the role, take a look at our pack or email email@example.com.
To apply, please visit the OVO Careers website. The closing date for applications is Friday 15 October 2021.
We can’t wait to hear from you!